Fw: Jim Bell's Email crash

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Fri Jan 31 00:52:29 PST 2014

Hi,

>  I assume Yahoo DOES 'back up important data'.  The problem here is
> different:  The Yahoo computer system probably (falsely) figured that
> there was suspicious activity going on.  (It probably saw my logon

That is why you should use local mail client for reading e-mail and not
webmail. You can also set that your local client stores a copy of your
mail locally (for instance with POP3).

With IMAP you can move e-mails from one provider to anothe easily. So in
that case it is very easy to move from one mail provider to another.

Then you can use a cloud and send your *encrypted copy* of local mail
there. Ubuntu for instance offers 2Gb for free. And they also have a
tool called Duplicity, which is able so make an encrypted backup - you
just set it up and it works automatically.

Regards,

M.