cypherpunks buy the farm

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Jan 21 09:11:23 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 10:24:39PM -0800, coderman wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:57 PM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... cypherpunks who "buy the farm"
>

> yes, this is a euphamism for cypherpunks get dead.  ...  not sure i
> sent Death[0] that CTCP_FU while the anonymous VPN was up; damnit
> session timeout and re-keying, why do you happen at the worst possible
> time?!?

And here I was thinking we were talking about signing your life away
to be owned by some land and take on the task of surviving in a market
that is more often than not pays below what it costs to grow the product.

I suppose that's why they call it 'buy the farm', the only way a true
farmer retires is having a date with Death[1]

OT: Have we turned into cyphergoths here? Not that I'm complaining, I
do like a woman in Black.