Infiltration / Exfiltration

Cari Machet carimachet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 14:46:15 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Jim Bell <jamesdbell8 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Obviously, this is a well-meaning idea.  However, I wonder how 'efficient'
> such a tactic would be.  It might take years for a person to get into a
> position to be able to obtain and leak information.  And, the longer a
> 'mole' stays, the more he will become dependant on that government.  And,
> let's not fall into the trap of assuming that everyone who works for a
> government agrees with the policies and practices of that government.  If
> we guesstimate that 1% of (current) government employees would be
> sufficiently unhappy to do such leaks,

right you ask the ones already in to act exactly and there have been 'a
lot' lately relatively speaking...

i think also a major problem in this is getting caught esp after the
snowden thing they are (probably) hyper vigilant - though i am sure sloppy
as hell still... as they are want to be

also do note that whistleblowers often go to their managers and higher ups
and complain about the government breech and no one listens so... it is a
very long process

>  If Snowden or Manning, or both, get a well-publicized $5 million reward,
> that would invigorate a lot of similar people to do similar things.  What's
> desirable would be a kind of anonymous reward system to allow ordinary
> people to reward the leakers.

thats an amazing idea

>   I haven't read enough about the origins of Wikileaks to know whether
> such a system was ever contemplated.
>          Jim Bell
>
>  hahahhah thats a funny one

you understand he pledged a mere 100,000 to mannings defense [just his
defense not him] then gave 15,000

--
Cari Machet
NYC 646-436-7795
carimachet at gmail.com
AIM carismachet
Syria +963-099 277 3243
Amman +962 077 636 9407
Berlin +49 152 11779219
Twitter: @carimachet <https://twitter.com/carimachet>

Ruh-roh, this is now necessary: This email is intended only for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this
information, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email without
permission is strictly prohibited.