CDRv2 discussion (was: Re: Al-qaeda.net deprecated)

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Jan 20 10:48:10 PST 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

Skeletal srchitechture discussion...

I too have been giving this some thought: especially as not exposing list
membership.

I think a two-way broadcast repeater is the answer:

	Everyone sends to the node of their choice, the node sends to a
broadcast repeater that knows the source, and sends to everyone else,
after stipping any mailman specific things like tags, etc.  The down side
to this kind of dumb repeater is in the case of outages - the repeater
will not know (or would it? I need to look at this in postfix) what to
forward.

I think the key is getting the incoming emails to the repeater *prior* to
mailman intervention.

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.