anti-prosecution tactics. (Was Re:)

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Fri Jan 17 05:06:46 PST 2014

 > The criminals in power have privacy. The rich who can pay have privacy.
 >
 > Those below the median income have none.

It has long been said that obscurity is not security (except
that in modest doses it is).  At the same time, obscurity most
assuredly *is* a species of privacy.  In other words, the
quotation above has it exactly backwards.

I have written on this, which is to say that I'm on the record.
The most recent is

http://geer.tinho.net/geer.uncc.9x13.txt

In the meantime, everyone on this list is above world median
income (USD 1,225 per annum) and almost everyone is in the
world's 1% (USD 34,000 per annum).  I commend Branko Milanovic's
_The Haves and the Have Nots_ to your reading in that regard.

--dan