[cryptography] [Cryptography] Boing Boing pushing an RSA Conference boycott

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 16:08:19 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:31 AM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
> With a $67B security market heading to $87B by 2016 why
> would any security firm settle for RSA piddling racketerring?
> Not saying the RSA bashers are diverting attention from their
> venality, that would be contrary to industry ethics to hide and
> be hidden, by that I mean journalism and advertising, publicity
> and campaign bribery, donations to computer education and
> conferences, dark web sales to rogues and spies, plagiarism
> and huffy indignation, sabotage and thievery, copyright and
> DMCA takedowns, well, why preach in this smokey chapel to
> the stogie-sucking porkies, don't they pay minimum taxes to
> betray the privacy of ordinary taxpayers who pay the most.

information security as a discipline or specialization should not
exist.  that systems, code, protocols, *, are built without "security"
priorities, and without end-user privacy and availability paramount,
is the dereliction of basic duty.

we could try a different approach as complementary: security by self
evident existence.[0]

> FatSec Preacher bellows: Is there any industry more corrupt
> than the fatuous security industry?
>
> FatSec Believers yell back: Nope, and newcomers are flocking in.
>
> And so, the sated toads toddle out to fancy chariots stashing
> drunken investor bedmates, croaking,
>
> "And we bloated firms are getting much fatter on hackers.
> and we pay them shady bitcoins them to boost the flab."

"bloated [.. and] fatter [...] hackers [paid in] shady bitcoins [...]
to boost the flab [and excesses]"
 - sounds exactly like DEF CON 21 point in fact!
  :P

P.S. i have discovered a chain of black ops infowar payments to JYA as
proxy pressure against corporate players not sufficiently cow towing
to powers as deemed fit.

the list of disclosures on cryptome.org a persistent store of targeted
retaliation as paid for by covert coin wallets
https://blockchain.info/address/1P11b3Xkgagzex3fYusVcJ3ZTVsNwwnrBZ

0.0666 BTC from 1JM2M2n246Ug3niz4X1YxTsivM8JxuXahJ,
1NEwWKEYtewMYmUzSc11CTUEUj4XSUhoGy

0.1 BTC from mix
13cgGBPRzdoBLWdkcjkBufeKJkS7t7EMmt,1JdHacTEKzKNu22thGkR3QoAqJEgixs9xD,1LxrugsC8hRWbAoNDU3QJAmUbwUGovnDB3,1NoJRdptNeQ7xB16p4kV1hXk1sKqfv1qs4,1LybLfgmtp2nC2toY8kR3vmSzBzQsxyreR,1ALfEcdd6Sdr77shtjAynia98orGrZEkN5,1BtFpAnqqaYBxy4CJG8NZkygz5YkQ8rnTa,16zeB2RLRV7BR1pjG4K1cNptDaUwTzDRm4,1CjAT7be3uhq5FXphJr1bZQ9TCe8hN18yr,1Bcsf8AWvhb8k3dsa52f9wEfdGq4JFC7cB,1LwwzPvcJC28JTitvAQ76PzukEZzTc4Hr2,155cq3FNNDyr3inrrKKFR2z2dEQHs1UARY,1HpJ54pzy36rredY6ArSzmK4HLADgN4yBi,1HAZzEeawHNyy9vtKrTz1iuVYiDAN8JXYw,1Nb8N1BMANUStTz3k2ajcjyW2g17FHCnXq,115WXPRm3o4gE3wnKWPQGC4i6f5XGM2sJY,1J6jEAUQtnCd4mJpuBkXRy4KH1rKuP42ze,12Tuo695poGwkzCpPnTctt2kVC6NkG3iyG,17WeGSpZBRuJ1FbU9CDj2dvZuf4nsFGasY,1HUsEBRFnMgi77KATEdtJhUhPp8D1K1dm2,1K2Try6bipWvin517XaP3eHTQkKD7vRdRA,16kx8bvc9bmSaLGraUbp5verErFz8EoWGw,147A9ysb1MKY75ECGj3XiiiDKpomJgzZs1,1KyXSwxFjdjCc4gRdTJu2kora3Li2suWdx,14xjUyxRkH1Fa55UGUXf3RzgjbpbVsGfPn

0.10101 from mix
1DktVLeDwuQNBR5GhCDyZGcS4hBVLdiV7Y,1HMXV3RbWvkqT348yci7AEF57GYRZrPEwf,1A5sHDrGtEvyMPC51pcCKN2VcCyj6PpKfA,18E6VwKbHTcns5tzB8VFTei8RDG4f12DsN,1BxRMpZmjrBcDKvccgLbAa8CYrmNZSzP8v,1MCTZnt9ZC8wmFtRcfxFzGikAqdsUu1NXi,1HehKV16aioxoDFmRypVFbHt7Nj4yE21K6,18yxEFyKWU7k4SN8H6SA7cxey3f6CrDJd3,1AFuP17AaGnn7EukjKYQoKf8qHqcut4jEA,19DNCpRYZLvmvBRHFH9CQoeArgaXXaXqP6,12TiNxaaF12nJR9pKyYZk4X7HCKuVCh1FM,1dXS2dwDsT29h7gvRnUyjHK2ViWArcDfH,1HYXCHgACh9cat2tHJsFAUHTYkqtU6SPj7,15XsYmWSb2tk2BbFsusyqodQTmWzdU1SBx,1NCCrGZTvECaxPVsJW8FG2k3ez1FJrHFcv,16qYQB4mKBvN5w7pB4NnPR7AXUMG4wLA7H,19XRN2CeiRK4xn2B5bcHBjWkXdjTHKXoNr,18XKyXcMfLcsPyspx1M5TLfzvv7QuoNi12,1ADJRNQkJg2fiYTWAuupBqrP1LXFLzeBy7,17c7qx7pektRmKp83XtZhc4yiRYGzzY8Cj,1E9uKJLW1D5iK9mHwDuasYCqUYhR2NfQ9x,13JfZ5Pm2UMKV6jRvFyjkSGsyGqio6mSZF,1KpjyYK4NNLGn1wMSUfpK4xY5emr72zJGX,1KS8XumTUcZE5oALLevpDMAQASfWX1gZJb,189QUKAQhTRkrrRGsKHBxTVbLGtSz7rXYH,1Ph79b99rHtkE1p5KV2LXGPaPdgunMR8Bq

0.1 from mix 1JJ5zWzRjr88BFKHPnvbWqxD5vtbWFbKja,1PBEb8KeBQpjPAyXwQAABu67cLufLEWFC4,1AsL2Y76BBZxHjQdpY5w3hdXSW5VeCLSPi,1KKHz4VWNu2xvK1VMHmUTrasuUkN1aUkZt,1KuWiFj4fdHSf8VwYP7P2aJosBsMM6UvZx,1AKqBPYULbJoVwv2bU3JJ9BNAaxmp4MQNQ,1AjkkN7Xd4mdzMYJDWK16h7WmgYVQkY9RE,1CDusW53zzxYjEXqjiDoECnHAJkmke46R8,18hCUt5TjKVepJsHBryupGfFtjte6bqsqV,1B7DhKYBUTThdsw4y9RqXY1yUokcFCj5xS,1VVRw4BJKxMF6yTrGCusfjo7NgFwGFiTH,12CN4CfHg31LkpdhiYpQZMmgaxWevmL7wC,12ufG6NpEM3p4SJgTGB1YMUuzTaVyfmkzn,15NhfgGSrgLCMQK4Q3skX39fZn9H1jJauh,19DZwxTUFtDgxZGZNNomSzUfdtuENaqZ3J,14syscfppLQ3NpCV16HudsABHW4U1J3pnb,1249NaoLoQ9jrqpUtb3FuMRmp8eT5ud5sy,1JdytQhBfvbMb2138SqwT8msuykYwu4jts,1CmTgm9tH7FuhYxNGGkWHkK8umWBxTqBaL,1BWjgmPpjSGaeWFPL3eXKTuYttYvGCYo3V,1NH9nTXUCNfA3LnzcjWkQLKnEK3FX33uB7,1DFTLTPgTtMwog6u5B6dW36T4HAmCEHrMn,1FRcgEgqGvcQPbjejD6rZtv6k4coKReAsm,198EdZ8oGTqHVPbDqofTBecXVXj6vsYXK5,13TvfH7y619ZvefN6yxWBcZUmHUy1qzjMs

0.037 from mix 1Kc4AnGmHV7xdhaQQ2ZKzhBMXs7Gomf3Qz,16m9DPFYbo1J5eA7H91CpkYjMaYp1sKikk,17GfsPQRDGisPMRrRnpbU4ggCQcnZHF6g6,1GzLDY8Aqmrztmo7xq9rB39vdgiEK9BqJa,1MgCmje65bNK8dz6m86q7aXYfaGHsgcZP4,1KDsuNyuf8BTmwBYnpU2e4uPTMALhd9qyW,1L4ZyeMzVURk5Rd8NVt5wGzu8gvsRfNqAG,19YYiw9AyScaSHjbuCKkrQBqTFjMjLTgq5,132AVbkhLNU8q2SdRDGFhiU7VPaBy44Ye3,18tBYvATWRScFrJvM37BHhuXZaUax9sSQF,14BG7tNJF5wig1kmYvXbMc8hv7Y4GbcLbj,1C3CrbTdGMpvEsQXgv6Tgh5GayHX3juXQY,1F5FTo5gH2LRo8K6U1So2YBEk2ntNVUNVx,1CRPiBLFQ4V34FYCjiXp6zaikaRMPGengX

0.5 from mix 1CUoQDQYAs5UWNDShNmEtNLjyu7Y8deARn,1MnqNm4CYutNHKJigdmSjunz97Sjn6FX2b,13Ry5c1AW2zjhn1LShxMLXJczJ19nJrzAk,1AYM2pRwPizB2nBpoAMtFyTCiuLpSPDQ59,1J1QzUTRFeHVnspu4jAoTu6uNZEtXeJ63R,15Gu8bzHwfxDmrV7ekLcSWSXEmnevc3Xn7,188UqaPhyBABnG84ExTTXT5yFP8MyaRw9E,1Dvz5Vu8KaNAzkAdZYQ3aGshyJCkpjzYkh,15ArsPoDjg8oVq3Xy96XVzsmWjTn2sw7cC,12rSkqqMbYLjL7QbNgebUV7kvRVt9ZhMUh,1LjcFihEKJUgukfTEWFVXrR1F1GkZSd2pE,1ZKnacQ9wDBv8ZnGNUEXwAjmYfB9C9B7Y,18r7MjFUm7y6PnAVZXvrDHVnjZKm8vquMa,144A1Ts8vZss7UWjFLEzYAqSTLkDrKNXYW,1NcP1yykNmHfK2g92ip5A3RZ2tBL1sa7Bf,1Bq8ShAQKWXDrizzxm8eW2Dx9zurEJ95ow,13EVhFRTqfGt15SW3tKctcjSwDhaJLpUKL,1QEVtaARbR6bNyNp9k4Pr7JFXxu4qPGXRB,1BdYGHH63ZaSadxpimjkkcGRhgUNyMMkFJ,1CE9Dyu2U3LDtr4TDxHefkTyJ1NEZNCj9w,1CvVBijvvqcUthtT7Hyz8sS7i2i1fGTifa,14u8192rmtKUkUMhnuA2JJd6D7PWpPzKA2,1J2jALZgVT2dkDkYXLTj1KPUqLqazn6x74,18EwPGr5t3h6L42cABsxEfcHH6YnvSxjy8,1KKqKmarNh91MpUn9MSY8X95aJZV4ccLNo,1JdtbAXoaHuSziR57CPgSAWAo5PSFX7m4n,1Gt3ZaUdEXDF5dUF6SeQo3vLwYdjm1g5WJ

0.01 from mix 18JbLc8Es5kDs24VAf2AZVR7xBXp4buVGS,1HRFQK738JJqbsLzkH6uyUDJ57s5UxCUah,1A4mxg4badrDcRists59b84AbqZPCp9oCo,14zPR4ZGh5CEBqWyxyxoPXJT5HT6MZyGSa,13WczJWtZWApthb9WMmhbDrHpvHhJEWEon,1NWPnwwuTAuRCiYaVVx1xQiSEf1mkkP3tQ

0.01 from mix 1AqJCqF15hByG3LFnNakHrj9HFxwCoty3c,19HdnvQnUbRNNaM9Mj1TrTxSanzuW2KLJK,1KT9boFiiNrXnfEXmjGzfGwZF2HKiLjJGQ,1PsfErV7SemNPnkBnRAwfS7shuc8GCjgJy,17L1o33aj4ajfwWCgCbNPmqU4jbiZGWWH6,1P8MREjTTeG913xpfkfw4NcQ7qMJoP8CiT,1Foj7F7oYK2w8LtAmCHBQPCjJsjDMgLUny,1JcXSwP47kft3PSjCdpkxKer8UiFDL1XMU,1KYqxCQ7VfxGFd33SSNot5NYaC6Uer2m1S

when did you begin accepting payments to keep cryptome.org plaintext
without HTTPS support john???
*grin*

best regards,

0. "security by self evident existence"
"""
Red-Team Networks Everywhere!!!
This effort attempts to remedy the pervasive and comprehensive
vulnerability of consumer, industry, and government hardware and
software systems.  In order to achieve best effective posture with
maximum haste apply four principles globally:

1) Blanket Legal Invulnerability
Remove all criminal and civil liability for "hacking", computer
trespass, and all related activities performed over data networks;
establish proactive "shield" legislation to protect and encourage
unrestricted security research of any subject on any network. extend
to international agreements for blanket protection in all
jurisdictions.

2) Educational Support Everywhere
Establish lock picking, computing, and hacking curriculum in pre
school through grade school with subsidized access to technical
resources including mobile, tablet, laptop test equipment, grid/cloud
computing on-demand, software defined radios with full
receive/transmit, and gigabit internet service or faster.

3) Collaborative Competitions
Organize a program of blue and red teaming challenges for educational
and public participation at the district, regional, and national level
cultivating expertise and rewarding it with hacking toys, access, and
monies.

4) Privileged Positioning
Direct and unrestricted backbone access to various individuals or
groups who demonstrate competence in either the educational or
competitive realms, in order for them to mount additional attack
strategies against any reach-able target. this access must consist of
both passive taps of backbone traffic as well as injection taps for
raw packet transmission at core rates. this should be available on the
Internet backbone at internet exchanges, private fiber through public
right of way, and core networks of operators of licensed wireless
spectrum.

end result / strong attractor:
Open software and hardware widely in use in
post-privacy-protection-purge future will invert power structure to
defender with near unassailable advantage in "cyber domain".  Any
attacker required to compete against the global, collaborative,
massive, iterative-crowd-hardened systems publicly in use.
 as of jan 2014 https://peertech.org/rednet