Bitcoin washing

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 00:50:16 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Rich Jones <rich at openwatch.net> wrote:
> Seems to me the only way to anonymously use BitCoin is to never
> tie them to your actual identity whatsoever.

Seems that'd be about as hard as breaking your stash into possibly thousands of
random sub $casual amount pots and shuffling/washing them about would be.
Though both are possible does anyone bother? The problem for large balances
is even more... spottable reconvergence of the amount on the other side. You'd
need to close out at the thousands stage post wash instead of reconverging.
It might help if there were a few large essentially free random washing
machines operating in the anonymous space to encourage all transactions
to be scrambled and swapped. Localbitcoin equivalents might be the only real
in/out points available for such things and even that's not always perfect.

> coderman:
> still waiting for zerocoin to get merged into mainline ... *cough*

topic related: coinjoin / coinswap
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321228.0