"Reset Safari" doesn't really clean all the cookies of Safari web browser

Klokanek klokanek at eldar.cz
Fri Jan 10 06:36:30 PST 2014

Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 08:38:50PM +0100, rysiek pise:
> Dnia czwartek, 9 stycznia 2014 18:25:22 Klokanek pisze:
> > http://eldar.cz/kangaroo/binarni-sxizofrenie/apple-safari-cookies-clean.html
>
> I think that's actually the case with all the browsers. Consider:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evercookie

True.

> We need to create a way to easily delete everything related to a given
> website, or simply everything -- be it LocalStorage, Flash cookies and
> whatnot.

My script delete simply everything. Advancing welcomed.

Much more interesting seems to be the file:
~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari/History/.tracked\ filenames.plist
No satisfactory description found and seems to resists "History clean" as
well... Unable to simulate the conditions to get the file again. Did anyone?