hacker != cracker (Re: Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon)

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Wed Jan 8 15:33:46 PST 2014

Dnia czwartek, 9 stycznia 2014 00:23:50 Cari Machet pisze:
> ok mayb i was a little over zealous > i am native american prone to
> being close to life >

Why do you keep bringing your native-americanness in every otehr post is
beyond me. I'm a native Pole, somebody here is probably a native German, what
does it have to do with anything? Just drop it already.

> so if i build a road and you have a car wreck on it shld i b liable if
> you kill someone with your car ????

It would also be beneficial to all parties involved if you read the e-mails
you're (supposedly) answering to, and tried to choose analogies accordingly.

But answering your question: if there is a demonstrable fault in the way the
road was built -- for example, there is an *outward* slant at a turn on a
highway/motorway -- then I would say "to some extent, yes". To what extent?
That's for the jury to decide, but if the fault contributed to the tragedy,
the builder of the road is (partially) responsible.

By the way, I would greatly appreciate you making the effort to respect the
by-laws of the (let's call that) Internet-natives of this list, and using
English instead of the t33nz lulzspk tht u seem 2 b usng, kthx. If you want to
encrypt your messages, use PGP instead of lulzspeak, it will work much better.

> plus it opens the door for other opensource 'heretical' laws to be
> promulgated on the citizenry for its 'protection'

That's my problem with this idea, that's why I am floating it and asking for a
discussion. Maybe there is a way to do it properly?

--
Pozdr
rysiek