Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon (Re: Jacob Appelbaum in Germany - Aaron Swartz)

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:32:52 PST 2014

--On Wednesday, January 08, 2014 5:54 AM +1000 "James A. Donald"
<jamesd at echeque.com> wrote:

> On 2014-01-08 05:09, Cari Machet wrote:
>> plus they were all scuuurrred he was going to leak the docs
>
> No one gave a damn about Aaron Swartz leaking the docs.  That was not
> what he was charged with, and not what pissed off the sysadmins.  What
> pissed off the sysadmins was physical intrusion, and him bringing the
> network to its knees.

	That is bullshit.

> You are displaying the same attitude that he did, that it is just fine
> for members of the ruling class to walk all over mere menials.

	Apparently it can indeed be argued that he wanted to become part of the
ruling class. Cathal Garvey said as much, if I read him correctly.

	If you want to attack Swartz you can do it without laughably trying to
defend the 'physical property' of the mit mafia. Your defense being doubly
weird since you're supposedly a libertarian?

	Then again, the vast majority of self-described libertarians I now are
actually conservatives...