Come to think of it where in hell is TC May? Re: Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon (Re: Jacob Appelbaum in Germany - Aaron Swartz)

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Tue Jan 7 09:07:18 PST 2014

Yeah I think this might be a claim by Charlie Stross to having outed T C
May's blog nom-de-plume, or not; its ambiguous.

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2013/12/why-i-want-bitcoin-to-die-in-a.html

The article itself is a Charlie Stross bitcoin-hate diatribe.  Amusingly
bitcoin bounced back to $1000 since his doom and gloom of "$500 and falling"
and I personally just bought more at the nice price of $390 and $500, having
confidence in the long term value of the new digital scarcity commodity
class, and its now approximately double that, put in yer pipe Strossy.  (Its
not like fiat doesnt have problems and having banksters eat a largely
unearned big % portion of GDP doesnt exactly benefit society and isnt green
either, they could be doing societally useful work instead).

I happened to notice the T C May reference in the Stross replies to comments
number 15:

| Bitcoin to me looks more like the work of one of the scary-bright early
| 1990s cypherpunks -- I've heard Nick Szabo mentioned as a possible "true
| name" for "Satoshi Nakamoto".  (I'm pretty sure it's not the work of he
| who goes by the handle Mencius Moldbug these days -- he has his own
| politically-disruptive software project on the go -- or Tim May or, or,
| um, blanking on names.)

not sure if that means he thinks Moldbug is May or the "or" means other
person rather than other name.  Take a gander at the prose style on Mencius
Moldbug's political rants form your own opinion.

http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/

Adam