Swartz, Weev & radical libertarian lexicon (Re: Jacob Appelbaum in Germany - Aaron Swartz)

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Tue Jan 7 07:31:29 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 11:18:49AM -0400, Robert Hettinga wrote:
>Just like “bless your heart” in the mouth of my dear departed Aunt Cora Lee
> Jones, formerly of Odessa Texas used to mean “I would’t piss up your ass
> if your guts were on fire.”
>
>Howdy all y’all. It’s been a while...

Sure has.  Welcome back to the party RAH :)

Bitcoin aka actual digital bearer certs & mostly irrevocable but not quite
blind ecash deployed, Snowden triggered NSA self-sabotage to unwind the
post-911 privacy pall, mountains of evidence that the most paranoid
cypherpunk imaginations are fully real and worse, US security researchers
and journalists taking overseas residence to escape harrassment or worse.

Interesting time for enciphering cypherpunkly minds.

> Tim was right. Some people *do* need killin’. In fact, I would presume he
> meant *me*, more than once or twice...

Heh, thats probably true given in your own propensity to engage in fun flame
wars :)

Adam