Omidyar influence in new Greenwald venture [was: SRF: cryptic]

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 7 06:31:38 PST 2014

GG is to be complimented for engaging on Twitter. That could be
the most lasting of the outlets due to its free swarming and lack of
wealth accumulation and concentration by hierarchical rewarding
of the very top, commercial journalism (acknowledging the Twitter
owners stealing the values of the free tweets). Tweets are only
about self- and product promotion. Not like this grafitti billboard.

Most of GG's statement comes right out of Silicon Valley playbook
for acquiring hard-luck journalism. Use of "thrilling" is the clue the
saved emit upon envisioning the IPO, which is what GG is PRing
about as required of NGO beneficiaries of great wealth.

The Snowden pact was superceded by the Omidyar pact.
A buyout of a fledgling venture by a vulture continuing to
prowl for rabbits. The vulture is the commercial components
coutured by the non-profits. GG is disingenuous about the
separation, as PGP was about Symantec takeover, as
RSA was about EMC's.

Many journalists aquired by Omidyar and Bezos have made
similar statements of "irresistable" rescue by better endowed
kingpins. And, yes, founders do appreciate the windfall, sign
NDAs, relieve their desperate families, and move on to being
celebrities, their brands prostituted to continue the windfall
deal to keep quiet, to say nothing disparaging.

Seymour Hersh and many others have told about their experinences
with short-attention span of journalist publishers and their advertisers,
TV producers, movie underwriters as fans move massively toward
other markets.

Edward Snowden should prepare to be royally screwed as Manning
has been. This is the ancient tradition of brass sacrificing grunts
for noble causes, the careers of generals and above.