{}coin: good enough for election politics?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sun Jan 19 21:01:32 PST 2014

I may be a fool, but I'm not fool enough to play with Assassination
politcs. I am, however, stupid enough to go do something provacative
like attempt to prove that code is speech, money is code, and
someone better figure out a better way to deal with campaign finance
or we are all screwed.

So I present {}coin, the broken cryptocurrency, neutered of all the
privacy I can strip out of it, for broken election systems.

https://bitbucket.org/dahozer/--

Could a good anonoperson cipherpunk tack on higher-level layers that
are actually anonymous, as opposed too what I see being proposed for
Bitcoin? Probably.

>From the techno-political-economic angle, it looks like overlaying
distributed high-frequency futures trading would provide more than
enough noise on top of fully-surveillable {}coin to provide a
sufficient anonymity set, while actually providing a usefull value
to us farmers, who could actually see who's on the other side of a
trade.

The experts at stealth, redirection, misdirection, and over-all
dirty tricks (aka Wall Street) could simply move up a few layers and
continue their anonymous game-of-thrones ( I mean game of CEO), and
hide in plain sight in huge volumes of trades, and then so could
anyone else.

But then **I** don't have to pay to be someone else's anonymity set,
and I could make money if I wanted to play that game, and take
money from those who want to hide, instead of having value siphoned
off by thousands of economic vampires hiding under regulatory
capture of our current finance system.

Does this sound anywhere near possible, or am I just an optimistic
hashcash fool?