[ot] Test #1

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Thu Feb 27 15:00:05 PST 2014

Dnia wtorek, 25 lutego 2014 05:55:33 Sampo Syreeni pisze:
> On 2014-02-25, Alfie John wrote:
> > So instead of complaining like Sampo did, "don't feed the trolls" as
> > it could all be part of some JTRIG/HB Gary/Palantir campaign. Just
> > mark-as-read and move on.
>
> Like you just did?
>
> What I don't like is crud seeping through my spam filters. I mostly have
> it nailed, but test emails still make it. Absent GAI, how could they
> not?
>
> So, what should you do when someone clogs your inbox and probably that
> of thousands of others beside you, with a test email? The kind
> *everybody* knows shouldn't be sent to a list? Well, complain of course.
> Horribly. With the slightest tang of ill and cantankerous humour to
> soften it out just that little bit.
>
> Where were you when they invented netiquette?

I am asking the same question myself when I see a thread like that. I mean, 1
test e-mail, already 2 e-mails from the same person complaining about the test
e-mail.

You, Sir, brought twice as much noise and crud to this list as the original
poster. If you need to communicate your disdain for test e-mails (which I find
annoying but understandable), why not doing that privately and off-list? Do we
all really need to hear your complaining?

--
Pozdr
rysiek