Snowden and Compilers

APX 808 apx.808 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:02:47 PST 2014

A few years ago some guys from Core security published a research were they
found laptop's BIOS with a tool called Computrace that supposedly was to
protect you if your computer was stolen, but contained a backdoor that
allowed remote access and code execution.

Computrace was installed in the BIOS for Notebooks of HP, Dell, Lenovo,
Toshiba, Gateway, Asus, Panasonic, and more.
No one can confirm it was the NSA yet... Snowden do you have something
about it in your collection?

Here is the paper
http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-09/ORTEGA/BHUSA09-Ortega-DeactivateRootkit-PAPER.pdf

Cheerz