Proof of Stake...

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 13:14:08 PST 2014

--On Thursday, February 06, 2014 11:27 PM -0500 David Vorick
<david.vorick at gmail.com> wrote:

>> From what I can tell, it does not.
>
> The problem is that there's nothing preventing hosts from mining on forks
> simultaneously. In bitcoin, if you mine on forks simultaneously you'll be
> working with different headers and wasting hashes. In POS, you have
> nothing to lose from mining forks, and then picking the fork that
> benefits you the greatest.
>
> Some bitcoin devs have called it the nothing-at-stake problem.

	Thanks David. I guess I won't get the full picture until I spend some
mental effort understanding the mechanism. Which is something I've been
procrastinating on =P

	At any rate, an attack against, say, nextcoin should be 'feasible' and
would be proof that proof of stake isn't too robust?