XMPP Server is Working Again!

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Wed Feb 19 07:59:54 PST 2014

CypherPunk <cypherpunk at cpunk.us> [2014-02-13 20:20:01]:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the XMPP server at chat.cpunk.us
> is again operational. I experienced problems with it and ended up having
> to restore it (which, unfortunately, deleted all the user accounts).
> Please feel free to register again using the client of your choice.
>
> Server Name: 	 chat.cpunk.us
> Supports: 	 Voice, Video, and Text chat
> Server Software: OpenFire
> Server OS:	 Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
> Server Location: New York
> Supports SSL?    Yes
> Support Email:   cypherpunk at cpunk.us
>
> Certificate: 		 	Self-signed. Fingerprint below.
> Certificate Fingerprint (SHA1): 327581c67147225943ff36063fb6c293e95df5d3
> Certificate Fingerprint (MD5):  10e8fd94a16c911bf72dc214f4e45966

On the server-side:
https://xmpp.net/result.php?id=18229

Even ignoring the self-signed cert, it only gets a C, since TLS is not
supported (only SSLv3 is supported)

On the client-side:
https://xmpp.net/result.php?id=18231

Please upgrade your Java instance, and then disable weak ciphers:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#DisabledAlgorithms
http://blog.eyallupu.com/2012/11/how-to-overriding-java-security.html

Thanks.

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society