XMPP Server is Working Again!

Guido Witmond guido at witmond.nl
Fri Feb 14 02:13:55 PST 2014

On 02/14/14 02:20, CypherPunk wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the XMPP server at chat.cpunk.us
> is again operational. I experienced problems with it and ended up having
> to restore it (which, unfortunately, deleted all the user accounts).
> Please feel free to register again using the client of your choice.
>
> Server Name: 	 chat.cpunk.us
> Supports: 	 Voice, Video, and Text chat
> Server Software: OpenFire
> Server OS:	 Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
> Server Location: New York
> Supports SSL?    Yes
> Support Email:   cypherpunk at cpunk.us
>
> Certificate: 		 	Self-signed. Fingerprint below.
> Certificate Fingerprint (SHA1): 327581c67147225943ff36063fb6c293e95df5d3
> Certificate Fingerprint (MD5):  10e8fd94a16c911bf72dc214f4e45966

Hi CypherPunk,

Thanks for running this service, the world really needs more
decentralised services.

However, as your server is using a DNS name, have you considered
publishing the certificate (or its hash) in DNSSEC-DANE records?

It would give me a second avenue of verifying your certificate. This
mail being the first.

Regard, Guido.