[cryptography] NSA Attacks on VPN, SSL, TLS, SSH, Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:22:26 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Cryptome does not pretend to provide illusory security, that is security.
> It is a vile, rotten, corrupt endeavor, like life. Chuckle.
> Visitors, readers, consumers must be skeptical of security, and not rely
> [...]

All due respect to Cryptome, and points well made and taken.
Yet this isn't really an effective response to the issue at hand.
While we should and must be skeptical... until contrary proof
exists we should be taking advantage of all means available
regarding distribution integrity and even provenance and secret
comms if desired. That's hard, it involves some work, and homework.
Yet until such proof, it's probably better than going bare assed to
the Sun.

> Still, Cryptome endorses the continuing struggle to improve citizen
> common math against the deadly germs.

Indeed.

> One way to do that is to not oversell it, tone down the threats, reduce

Interestingly true in some regards. Yet in the context herein, it's
probably not the place to make a stand. Especially considering
the stand itself is in one's very existance all so long. Is it not?
Oh were there but more of this kind, be they true or not :)