Latest Belarusian censorship law & censorship actions

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sun Dec 21 13:49:34 PST 2014

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 03:09:36 -0800, Anton Nesterov
<komachi at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> Today President of Belarus signed a law which provides heavy regulation
> to freedom of speech. Basically, it makes any website media and forbids
> "information aimed at the propaganda of the war, extremist activities,
> or the calls for such activities, pornography, violence, cruelty, and
> any other informations which distribution can harm national interest of
> the Republic of Belarus, or forbidden by this law, or by any other
> legislative act of the Republic of Belarus". It also force owners of
> websites to moderate user-generated content. Any website which violate
> this will be blocked. Also the law forbids any media with more than 20%
> of foreign investors.

These days I actually celebrate each and every nation state attack on
Internet freedom. The logic being that these attacks drive mass adoption
of decentralized encryption better than anything else.

The RIAA Succeeds Where the Cypherpunks Failed by Clay Shirky
http://www.shirky.com/writings/riaa_encryption.html