VeraCrypt Trustworthiness?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 19:10:01 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 08:06:51 -0500
> Snehan Kekre <snehan.kekre612 at protonmail.ch> wrote:
>
>> I still have no definite idea as to why TrueCrypt was dropped and
>> Bitlocker was suggested!

Because whoever suggested it trusted closed source Microsoft.
Not that anything running from or on top of that OS should ever
be considered secure.

> I too think that Vera looks like a fork of TrueCrypt.
>         https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQ
>
>          What's the difference between TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt?
>         Who knows if that's really true, tho.

I'd agree those are bullshit FAQ words in general.

Has any project truly surfaced as the [technical] community recognized
sucessor or comparable to TrueCrypt yet? Or are we still in fork
of the month club mode?