NSA Attacks on VPN, SSL, TLS, SSH, Tor

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Tue Dec 30 08:46:10 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 09:09:08AM -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> The US government benefits greatly from dissidents in North Korea,
> China, Russia, Japan, and Germany being able to effectively use Tor
> to exfiltrate business intelligence and leak it to the people that
> run this country, the campaign contributors.

Sorry, but I don't believe this.

I agree with juan that tor has many bugs and quite likely is
 _heavily_ backdoored, the bugs we see are probably just the top of
the iceberg.

I suppose sufficiently many people got busted because of trusting tor
naively.

The usa profits more from sniffing tor traffic than your alleged
dissidents IMHO.

Also some of the Snowden docs suggest "NSA can monitor tor, but
don't want to scare _all_ tor users" (almost literally quoted).