Question about something said about Tor in the Der Spiegel data dump

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Mon Dec 29 07:11:20 PST 2014

First, let me say I'm sorry if this is posted twice. My mail client gave
me an error and, since I still haven't seen it hit either list, I'm
sending it again. My apologies if this is a duplicate.

So I'm looking through the Der Spiegel data dump and noticed the
following statement on document 35543:

"The client must not be running a Tor router of their own..."

That made me thing of a few questions but I'm specifically wondering
what they mean here.

1. Do they mean that it is confusing to them if I am connecting to the
Tor network from a computer that also runs a relay but I do not have my
client configured to use my relay

or

2. Do they mean that it is confusing to them if I am connecting to the
Tor network through a relay running on my own machine?

Perhaps I'm not even asking this question correctly as it 'feels' like
the wrong way. But I'm curious. What are your thoughts?

Cypher