[Cryptography] Fwd: 78716A

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Mon Dec 22 03:42:56 PST 2014

Technically you could ask into which fish your urine has resided, and
what the NSA, FBI, or other Cryptographic entity are doing to find
your radiactive piss.  It is a threat to national security and clearly
is an emanation which could disturb the delicate balance which holds
the threads of Our Great Nation together. You could state you have
good reason to know that information because the NOAA of the US Gov't
has determined from its Sanctuary integrated Monitoring Network that
Fukushima radiation is not far from the West Coast of California, thus
you would be interested to know where your urine is in relationship to
the transnational environmental debacle and how you are impacting
other creatures.  Thus, for example, what species, in what rivers?
What birds, in what skies?  And of course, what politicians, in what
land-based regions?  And what is being done to protect these
politicians in danger?  How many hundreds or thousands of politicians
are in danger of being contaminated due to your radioactive piss?
Please ask them in the following format:

 Agency Head [or Freedom of Information Act Officer]
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear ______________:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

I request that a copy of the following documents [or documents
containing the following information] be provided to me:

I have good reason to know that information because the NOAA of the US
Gov't has determined from its Sanctuary integrated Monitoring Network
(SiMON) that Fukushima radiation is not far from the West Coast of
California, thus I would be interested to know where mh urine is in
relationship to the transnational environmental debacle and how I are
impacting other creatures.  Thus, for example, what species, in what
rivers?  What birds, in what skies?  And of course, what politicians,
in what land-based regions?  And what is being done to protect these
politicians in danger?  How many hundreds or thousands of politicians
are in danger of being contaminated due to my radioactive piss?

In order to help to determine my status to assess fees, you should
know that I am a person who has radioactive piss, and:

I have hair, and:

I am affiliated with humanity, and this request is made as part of
some kind of purpose and not for the reasons of pointless papers.

Sometimes, I am affiliated with an educational or noncommercial
scientific institution, but probably not.

I am an individual seeking information for personal use and not for a
commercial use.

If you estimate that the fees will exceed my $10 limit, please inform
me first.

Also, I request a waiver of all fees for this request. Disclosure of
the requested information to me is in the public interest because it
is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the
operations or activities of the government and is not primarily in my
commercial interest.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Telephone number [Optional]

back to top

- ----------
Freedom of Information Act Appeal Letter

Agency Head or Appeal Officer
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Freedom of Information Act Appeal

Dear ___________________:

This is an appeal under the Freedom of Information Act.

On (date), I requested documents under the Freedom of Information Act.
My request was assigned the following identification number:
__________. On (date), I received a response to my request in a letter
signed by (name of official). I appeal the denial of my request.

[Optional] The documents that were withheld must be disclosed under
the FOIA because....

[Optional] I appeal the decision to deny my request for a waiver of
fees. I believe that I am entitled to a waiver of fees. Disclosure of
the documents I requested is in the public interest because the
information is likely to contribute significantly to public
understanding of the operations or activities of government and is not
primarily in my commercial interest. (Provide details)

[Optional] I appeal the decision to require me to pay review costs for
this request. I am not seeking the documents for a commercial use.
(Provide details)

[Optional] I appeal the decision to require me to pay search charges
for this request. I am a reporter seeking information as part of news
gathering and not for commercial use.

Thank you for your consideration of this appeal.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Telephone Number [Optional]

back to top

- ----------
Freedom of Information Act Letter Requesting a Fee Waiver

[Note to user: Many organizations provide useful templates of FOIA
request letters, including The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the
Press and Student Press Law Center. Some federal agencies provide
templates as well that can be downloaded from the Internet. My letter
borrows language from some of these templates, and I will note where I
do so. The intention here is to give you detailed fee-waiver language,
whereas other templates give cursory treatment to the topic.]

(Date)

Agency Head [or Freedom of Information Act Officer]
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear ___________________:

Under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. Section 552), I am
requesting the following documents:

[ICIJ recommendations] Reasonably describe the records and/or
information you need. It helps to include names of people and places
and the time period relevant to the material. If you know the name or
title of the document you seek, include that. Attach any other
documents describing your research and specify the form in which you
would like to receive the information, such as paper or computer disk.

As a representative of the news media affiliated with (name of your
organization), I am gathering information on (subject) that is of
current interest to the public because (briefly state reasons).

[For requesters who are not members of a traditional news organization
like a newspaper or television station, consider the following
language]: Please take note of the Office of Management and Budget
guidelines published March 27, 1987 (52 FR 10012) that include
electronic publications and other nontraditional publishers as
representatives of the news media. [Freelancers should provide a copy
of the publication contract, if you have one, but also note that OMB
guidelines say that past publication can be used as proof you are a
media representative]. [Public interest groups should consider the
following language]: Please also remember that the U.S. Court of
Appeals for the District of Columbia has determined that even a
nonprofit clearinghouse of information can qualify as a representative
of the news media, See National Security Archive v. U.S. Department of
Defense, 279 U.S. App. D.C. 308 (D.C. 1989).

Please note that 5 U.S.C. Section 552(a)(4)(A)(iv)(II) requires that
you provide the first 100 copies to me at no charge.

However, I am requesting a waiver of all fees under 5 U.S.C. Section
552(a)(4)(A)(iii). The information I seek is in the public interest
because it will contribute significantly to public understanding of
the operations or activities of the government and is not primarily in
my commercial interest.

I believe I meet the criteria for a fee waiver recognized by the U.S.
Justice Department - in its policy guidance of April 1987 - and by the
federal courts, See Project on Military Procurement v. Department of
the Navy, 710 F. Supp. 362 363, 365 (D.C.D. 1989).

My request concerns the operations or activities of government because
É [Per the Justice Department guidelines, be as specific as possible
about why your request concerns a government activity as opposed to a
mere interest on your part in the subject matter.]

Also, the information sought has informative value, or potential for
contribution to public understanding. Please note the decision in
Elizabeth Eudey v. Central Intelligence Agency, 478 F. Supp. 1175 1176
(D.C.D. 1979) (even a single document has the potential for
contributing to public understanding). I plan to disseminate this
information to the public at large in the following manner: [Detail
how you plan to get this information to a broad audience. Public
interest requesters should be aware that vague assertions about
providing the information to a media outlet probably would not pass
muster with the agency or the courts. It will help your cause
immensely to provide evidence of past instances where the media has
used some of your information]. In addition, the release of this
information will have a significant impact on public understanding
because É [Detail here where you think there is a lack of knowledge on
the part of the public and how this information will make the public
better informed about this particular government activity.]

In your deliberations, please take note of the following cases:
Campbell v. U.S. Department of Justice, 334 U.S. App. D.C.
(1998)(administrative and seemingly repetitious information is not
exempt from fee-waiver consideration); Project on Military Procurement
(agencies cannot reject a fee waiver based on the assumption that the
information sought is covered by a FOIA exemption; and Landmark Legal
Foundation v. Internal Revenue Service, 1998 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21722
(D.C.D. 1998)(the fact that the information will soon be turned over
to a public body does not exempt the material from fee-waiver
consideration).

I look forward to your response within the 20 working days, as
outlined by the statute.

Thank you in advance,

Your name
Your address
Daytime phone number
Fax number
E-mail address

back to top

- ----------
Privacy Act Request for Access Letter

Privacy Act Officer [or System of Records Manager]
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Privacy Act Request for Access

Dear ___________________:

This is a request under the Privacy Act of 1974.

I request a copy of any records [or specifically named records] about
me maintained at your agency.

[Optional] To help you to locate my records, I have had the following
contacts with your agency: [mention job applications, periods of
employment, loans or agency programs applied for, etc.].

[Optional] Please consider that this request is also made under the
Freedom of Information Act. Please provide any additional information
that may be available under the FOIA.

[Optional] I am willing to pay fees for this request up to a maximum
of $_____. If you estimate that the fees will exceed this limit,
please inform me first.

[Optional] Enclosed is [a notarized signature or other identifying
document] that will verify my identity.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Telephone number [Optional]

back to top

- ----------
Privacy Act Denial of Access Appeal

Agency Head or Appeal Officer
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Appeal of Denial of Privacy Act Access Request

Dear ________________:

This is an appeal under the Privacy Act of the denial of my request
for access to records.

On (date), I requested access to records under the Privacy Act of
1974. My request was assigned the following identification number:
_____________. On (date), I received a response to my request in a
letter signed by (name of official). I appeal the denial of my request.

[Optional] The records that were withheld should be disclosed to me
because .....

[Optional] Please consider that this appeal is also made under the
Freedom of Information Act. Please provide any additional information
that may be available under the FOIA.

Thank you for your consideration of this appeal.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Telephone Number [Optional]

back to top

- ----------
Privacy Act Request to Amend Records

Privacy Act Officer [or System of Records Manager]
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Privacy Act Request to Amend Records

Dear __________________:

This is a request under the Privacy Act to amend records about myself
maintained by your agency.

I believe that the following information is not correct: [Describe the
incorrect information as specifically as possible].

The information is not (accurate) (relevant) (timely) (complete)
because ....

[Optional] Enclosed are copies of documents that show that the
information is incorrect.

I request that the information be [deleted] [changed to read:].

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Telephone Number [Optional]

back to top

- ----------
Privacy Act Appeal of Refusal to Amend Records

Agency Head or Appeal Officer
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code

Re: Privacy Act Appeal of Refusal to Amend Records

Dear :

This is an appeal under the Privacy Act of the refusal of your agency
to amend records as I requested.

On (date), I requested that records about me be amended. My request
was assigned the following identification number _______. On (date), I
was informed by (name of official) that my request was rejected. I
appeal the rejection of my request.

The rejection of my request for amendment was wrong because ......

[Optional] I enclose additional evidence that shows that the records
are incorrect and that the amendment I requested is appropriate.

Thank you for your consideration of this appeal.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
City, State, Zip Code
Telephone Number [Optional]

back to top

Lodewijk andré de la porte:
> On Dec 19, 2014 1:03 AM, <dj at deadhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That organization advised that the request, as worded, is
>>> overly broad.
>>
>> 'Overly broad' is not the limiting factor.
>>
>> I made an FOIA request that they tell me where I've traveled (I
>> don't have records, but I know the government does and they want
>> me to fill in where I've been on a form).
>>
>> It couldn't be less broad.
>>
>> I'm still waiting for a response 6 months later.
>
> Good request though.

- --
http://abis.io ~
"a protocol concept to enable decentralization
and expansion of a giving economy, and a new social good"
https://keybase.io/odinn