[qubes-users] First Mention of Qubes in US Court Documents

Andrew kyboren at riseup.net
Tue Dec 2 14:01:11 PST 2014

On 12/02/14 21:15, Seth wrote:
>  From the affidavit:
>
> EGOTISTICALSHALLOT was created in 2014 by
> Tailored Access Operations as a
> QUANTUMTHEORY Computer Network
> Exploitation component effective against hardened
> Whoonix Qubes users on the Tor Network.
>

> Search engine results for EGOTISTICALSHALLOT are almost non-existent.
>
> Does anyone have more info about this exploitation component?

As far as I know, this is purely hypothetical.  The relevant text from
the previous page is:

"22. An example of a document not supported wholly by the public
knowledge base is provided below in two parts. This fictional example is
constructed to convey some similarities to parts of reporting in the
public knowledge base."

Andrew

PS: Yes, there are quite a lot of interesting things in these documents
other than the mention of Qubes and Whoonix [sic].  The use of a Tor
hidden service with a partial name of "sunshine" is not lost on me, nor
is it likely to be lost on Judge Aiken (though Mr. Peck would be well
advised that Justice Brandeis actually used the word, "sunlight," and
not, "sunshine").