Snowden ran a major 2 Gbps exit node named “TheSignal”

Seth list@sysfu.com
Wed Dec 10 12:54:39 PST 2014

This may be old news to some but I found it quite remarkable to discover
today that prior to fleeing what I like to call "The United State", Ed
Snowden apparently ran a major Tor exit node named "TheSignal".
http://pando.com/2014/07/16/tor-spooks/

Furthermore, he helped to organize and throw a freakin' Crypto Party on
Oahu (contacting and co-ordinating via email with Runa Sandvik using his
legal name!!) about six months prior to bailing for Hong Kong.

According to the same Pandodaily article he "was trying to get some of his
buddies at “work” to set up additional Tor nodes…".

Not exactly a shining example of good OpSec for someone who is also
secretly gathering a trove of classified documents to leak.