New end to end encrypted IM/VOIP web app focused on ease of use

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Aug 19 18:20:17 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:35:18PM +0200, rysiek wrote:
> Well,
>
> not trying to be a wet blanket, but why use Subrosa, when RetroShare does
> almost all of that (sans group video conferences), and does not require a
> single server, at all?
>
> If RS was able to get crypto right and in a completely decentralised manner,
> why go back to client-server architecture, with all it's potential single
> points of failure?

Deployment. Since there is no AGPLv3 hardware that contains all the tools
required to design (and validate no trojan circuits), we might as well just
use client-server from groups that we have some confidence in their motives,
or at least that write good code.

How do I get Retroshare on my phone? (okay, bad question, because Qualcomm
has my keys), but if I want my friends to use it, It needs to work on
android/ios/etc.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash