New end to end encrypted IM/VOIP web app focused on ease of use

edhelas edhelas at movim.eu
Tue Aug 19 07:44:06 PDT 2014

Hi,

It's always good to see that people are working on tools to protect
privacy and open the sourcecode. But i'm a bit disapointed by your
approach which is for me a "already seen" centralized encrypted chat.

I trully think that we need to do more than reinvent the wheel and
build several chat clients that are not compatible between them. We
just need to work on standard, decentralized protocols (like XMPP) ad
implemented them properly in nice clients.

By using a universal standard the users will be able to choose between
several solutions which are all compatibles. All theses clients are
implemented using several languages on several platforms too.

There's already a bunch of tools in XMPP to do that, we are just
waiting for nice clients :)

P.S.: I'm working on XMPP for a couple of years now

Regards,

Tim