Update on interdiction, secret GSM

bluelotus at openmailbox.org bluelotus at openmailbox.org
Fri Aug 29 08:50:25 PDT 2014

I purchased the latest smartphone with a slider qwerty keyboard. A
Motorola Droid 4 with CM11 and a T5 torx screwdriver from Ebay. The two
T5 screws to the battery ribbon cable had been glued. I discarded the
smartphone.
http://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/2e7lwl/of_mylar_bags_to_block_phones_and_tablets_rfid/

Nook Tablet with CM 10 arrived DOA. I could not go past the CM welcome
screen. Tablet wouldn't shut down or reboot. I returned it to the
seller.

MIPS tablet #1 didn't charge via USB port, was missing file manager,
Adobe Reader, Skype and app installer, would not mount my SD card and
bricked my 16 GB SD card. I tried to use tablet #1's micro USB port to
copy my personal files but tablet's USB port would not function.
http://www.reddit.com/r/badBIOS/comments/2ejydo/mips_processors_are_rare_more_secure_and/

MIPS tablet #2 did charge via USB port, was missing app installer but
had file manager, Adobe Reader, Skype and two games whereas tablet #1
did not have any games, mounted my SD card but bricked my 8 GB SD card.
I was able to copy my personal files using the tablet's micro USB port.
http://www.reddit.com/r/badBIOS/comments/2el93r/cannot_air_gap_mips_tablet/

aLogcat logs disclose secret GSM in MIPS tablet #2:
http://www.reddit.com/r/badBIOS/comments/2eub37/secret_gsm_in_mips_tablet_interdicted_and/

Hours after posting the above thread yesterday, my MIPS tablet #2 was
stolen from my room.

Were my laptops implanted with GSM and infected with firmware rootkits
when they were interdicted? I had assumed FM radio transceiver/beacon
implants or badBIOS.

Many of the linux /var/logs I was denied permission to read even though
I had logged into the graphical desktop on my laptops. A few of the
/var/logs were of unknown file type. The type was unknown to the file
manager. Had the firmware rootkits not tampered with the /var/logs, GSM
may have been reported in the logs.

Military contractors getting special access to surveillance programs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyT7yzap1Wc

Greenpeace loses lawsuit over being hacked by former NSA hackers hired
by private investigators hired by corporation
http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/25479-focus-corporations-spy-on-nonprofits-with-impunity

"Last year, California’s Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) was
required after an investigation to pay $390,000 to the state’s General
Fund after it was discovered that they were spying on anti-smart meter
activist groups."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/17/is-your-home-energy-meter-spying-on/