[Cryptography] GPU Farm

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Aug 19 01:53:39 PDT 2014

----- Forwarded message from Marco Streng <marco.streng at genesis-mining.com> -----

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:26:49 +0200
From: Marco Streng <marco.streng at genesis-mining.com>
To: cryptography at metzdowd.com
Subject: [Cryptography] GPU Farm

Hello Guys from metzdowd,

I really like your mailing list and following it longer time now.
Since I think the posts there are really of high quality and the
people participating really know what they are talking about I would
love to ask a specific question that could be really interesting for
everyone there.

I come from a company that is doing cryptocurrency mining in large
scale and currently we are thinking about a use case for our 1300 high
end GPU farm that is not necessarily profit oriented, but most
importantly interesting and exciting. I asked a lot of people till now
and also people from chaos computer club in germany, where I received
especially ideas pointing to using the farm to decrypt emails or other
decryption services. Also I was suggested to use it to decrypt the
NSA_KEY, but that is obviously not doable in human time even if the
farm would be 1000x bigger.
Do you have any interesting idea what to do with the farm? If we like
the project it we wouldn't hesitate to start directly!

I would really appreciate if you could ask this to the mailing list
and I am really excited about the answers. What do you think?

Greetings,
Marco

--
Marco Streng