Fwd: [liberationtech] New Citizen Lab report

bluelotus at openmailbox.org bluelotus at openmailbox.org
Sun Aug 17 06:14:27 PDT 2014

Thank you coderman for the articles. They provide rare evidence that
private investigators purchase and use spyware:

"Both Hacking Team and FinFisher claim that they only sell to
governments, but recently leaked documents appear to show that FinFisher
has sold to at least one private security company."
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/08/15/cat-video-hack/

"Customer email addresses in the collection appeared to belong to a
German surveillance company,"
http://www.propublica.org/article/leaked-docs-show-spyware-used-to-snoop-on-u.s.-computers