Fwd: cpunk.us experiencing downtime

Griffin Boyce griffin@cryptolab.net
Wed Aug 20 13:02:37 PDT 2014

And xmpp user accounts were deleted in the process. See below:

-------- Original Message --------
From: Cypher <cypher@cpunk.us>
Sent: August 20, 2014 11:40:02 AM PDT
To: liberationtech@lists.stanford.edu
Subject: [liberationtech] Experiencing downtime

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the server that runs the Oklahoma
anonymous remailer and the chat.cpunk.us XMPP service went down
sometimes last night. Unfortunately, because a backup didn't fire off
correctly, that also means that any accounts on chat.cpunk.us and all
anonymous email in the mailq waiting to be delivered have been lost.

I'll be working on getting a new server later tonight and we should be
back up by 22:00 EST. If you had an XMPP account on chat.cpunk.us, you
will need to recreate it after that time.

Thanks for your patience, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cypher

--
Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech. Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys@stanford.edu.

--
Sent from my tracking device. Please excuse brevity and cat photos.