Interdiction of MIPS tablet

bluelotus@openmailbox.org bluelotus@openmailbox.org
Fri Aug 15 14:30:59 PDT 2014

Last week, I purchased a MIPS tablet on ebay and a rooted Nooks Tablet
with CyanogenMod. Nooks was shipped priority mail and arrived yesterday.

Nooks tablet:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291214398900?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tracking info:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405509699939140591669

MIPS tablet was shipped FedEx Smart Post. It was interdicted and being
returned to shipper:

MIPS tablet:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201145886170?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tracking info:
https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/html/index.html?tracknumbers=979792712285097&cntry_code=us&language=en&r=g

"Delivery exception" "Returning package to shipper. Incorrect address,
unable to deliver - Returning package to shipper - Please contact
shipper/merchant for details"

I purchased a Nooks tablet solely because its OMAP4 CPU has mask ROM.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2d8lni/mask_rom_prevents_bios_rootkits_texas_instruments/

I purchased a MIPS tablet hoping BadBIOS doesn't infect MIPS and because
MIPS hardware assisted virtualization is not as developed as ARM's
Trustzone and Mobicore. I don't trust HAV.

I wish local retailers sold them so I could have purchased them in
person.

I ordered a T5 Torx screwdriver to remove the screws in the Nook so I
can air gap it. If the screws are glued, I will promptly sell or donate
it.

Another item that was apparently interdicted is  media card reader.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281206663913?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I purchased it on 8/8/2014. Yet, post office does not give tracking
information:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=92748999964015553004467996

Hackers have repeatedly stolen my media card readers, opened up and
broken my media card readers and broke the write protection switch on
three Digital Intelligence media card write blockers. They attempt to
force me to use flashdrives. They haven't broken the write protection
switch on my Kanguru flashblu write blocker. For some reason,
flashdrives are easier to flash firmware or infect than micro SD cards.