Fw: NSA good guys

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:29:26 PDT 2014

> Such a mirror array would at some point reflect enough light at odd angles to be visible with the
> naked eye.

Moot, the minute you drop some sat into orbit
everyone knows it's there even if they don't yet
know what it does. Some speculate at least the
US uses angled optical/radar shields to hide the
bulk of some crafts from ground/orbital view. Sounds
like a lot of game for that, especially when aerospace
industry spies could provide the same general infos.

> I find it more likely that multiple-mirror-telescope tech would be implemented with a swarm of small
> satellites and extremely precise location tracking and a lot of signal processing later on.

Seems really difficult to fly and calibrate. ie: would certainly need better
than gps timing onboard each. Maybe 1km pyramid of four could
range each other well enough, no idea. As Jim referenced, membranes and
cheap ridgid multi mirror systems may be better. Remember Hubble
was scrap when launched, but given a reference image (or in its
case, a grind pattern) corrected/adaptive optics fixed it into gold.