Why didn't Snowden disclose Heartbleed (and others)?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Tue Apr 15 09:47:54 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 06:16:15PM +0200, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> Exhaustive list of possibilities (please extend where possible):
> A Did not know
> B Did not care
> C Felt like it would negatively impact the NSA's (legitimate) functioning
> D Didn't get around to it yet
> E Snowden is an unconventional NSA set up
> F Snowden's documents are not recent enough
>
> A, is interesting, as it would show that the NSA has levels of secrecy and
> secret data that go further than what they had so far. Something above "TOP
> SECRET" should probably exist, and Snowden didn't find it. This actually
> makes a lot of sense to me, so it might well be it.

The short answer to the question in the
subject is that HB is not worth using if
you can execute remote code on openssl
(call me a troll just because you disagree).

As for above TOP secret:
I don't believe snowden's documents
about Tor reflect the current
evilness of NSA -- just don't
trust what the NSA/snowden allegedly disclose
about Tor.

Some targets got in jail for
naively using Tor (check thereg).

Reference for the Tor documents