White House, spy agencies deny NSA exploited 'Heartbleed' bug

jim bell jamesdbell9 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 23:35:10 PDT 2014

From: "tpb-crypto at laposte.net" <tpb-crypto at laposte.net>
> Message du 14/04/14 10:17

> De : "jim bell"

> White House, spy agencies deny NSA exploited 'Heartbleed' bug
> photoSecurity experts warn there is little Internet users can do to protect themselve\WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House and U.S. intelligence agencies said on [...]

>And how about the heartbleed being used past year against freenode? Who would use a zero-day against >freenode if not spy agencies?
>Are they seriously thinking anybody will believe such a denial? lol

I would think that at some point, the NSA would become too embarrassed to admit that they HADN'T discovered and employed such an exploit!

Which leads me to a question:  Presumably, the NSA has billions of emails locked up in Utah, or wherever they had previously used as a data-store.  Does the revelation of the Heartbleed bug mean that the NSA could have quickly logged onto millions of accounts, read emails in the clear, etc?
          Jim Bell