[cryptography] Github Pages now supports SSL

Eric Mill eric at konklone.com
Mon Apr 7 19:51:40 PDT 2014

For what it's worth, I think CloudFlare dropping the price of SSL is going
to force other companies to follow suit, so hopefully their move creates
competition that both reduces CloudFlare dependency and increases the
amount of encrypted traffic on the web.

For example, today I learned that Amazon CloudFront finally dropped the
price of SSL in front of S3 for custom domains from $600/month(!!) to
$0/month: http://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/custom-ssl-domains (As long as
you're comfortable using SNI, which excludes users on Windows XP.)

CloudFlare is hopefully just one part of the tip of the spear.