NSA good guys

Linux User juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 13:32:18 PDT 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 01:28:14 +0200
Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:

> So. Are the NSA guys good guys? Well. They're the enemy of the
> people, as they invade their privacy and therewith their safety. If
> you can be blackmailed, studied, influenced, etc. you are weak and
> vulnerable. Preaching to the choir, I guess.

	Well, I get the impression that some of the voices of this
	choir still need some preaching directed at them =P

	I noticed something interesting in digital 'security'
	circles. People who deal with 'security' are, at first sight,
	technical people and are concerned with issues such as
	factoring integers,  permutations, routing protocols, etc.
	etc. etc.

	However, all their technical expertise exists to
	achieve some political goals. And when you look at the
	political beliefs of these people, you see that they suck big
	time. As engineers they may be competent, but there's a step
	above engineering, and there, they fail.