[tor-talk] [cryptography] The Heartbleed Bug is a serious vulnerability in OpenSSL

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Fri Apr 11 10:54:24 PDT 2014

Dnia piÄ…tek, 11 kwietnia 2014 10:04:38 The Doctor pisze:
> The timing of the commit in question is most interesting, indeed:
>
> http://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commit;h=4817504d069b4c508216
> 1b02a22116ad75f822b1
>
> ...the date and time of the year when people are least likely to be
> sitting at their computers watching for and reviewing commits.  Only
> better time would probably have been at 2359 hours UTC.

Now I love my conspiracy theories just like the next guy and I definitely do
not take sides (I am myself quite inclined to think this is not entirely an
honest mistake), but...

...the kind of argument you make rings a bell:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_bias

I agree that this was the very best time for a commit so that nobody sees
it/reviews it. Maybe this is why nobody has seen it nor reviewed it? As in,
the very fact it is so does not prove that it was done at this time on
purpose.

--
Pozdr
rysiek