Geoff Stone, Obama's Review Group

Cypher cypher at cpunk.us
Thu Apr 3 00:27:59 PDT 2014

On Apr 2, 2014, at 21:56, dan at geer.org wrote:

> [ disclaimer, Geoff Stone is a friend of mine ]
>
>      In short, I found, to my surprise, that the NSA deserves the
>     respect and appreciation of the American people. But it should
>     never, ever, be trusted.

This just smacks of an apologetics piece; maybe even something the NSA
themselves might write.

Nobody but the most willfully delusional apologist could possibly look
at the history of this agency, especially but not limited to the last
year, and believe that the NSA is an agency with "good intentions".
Self-serving, corporate and political protectionists, yes. Good
intentions, nobody really believes that.

Lastly, isn't it a little (or a lot) arrogant to believe that an
agency that's fooled Congress and the President, lied to the American
people, and undermined the security of worldwide communications,
couldn't fool you too? What did he think? That they would simply open
up and fess ip to their abuse because they respect who he is?

Thank you, Ft. Meade for the latest comedy show.

Cypher