Re: [tt] How a Crypto ‘Backdoor’ Pitted the Tech World Against the NSA

yersinia yersinia.spiros at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 12:33:35 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de>
> -----
>
> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:11:47 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Christian Weisgerber <naddy at mips.inka.de>
> To: tt at postbiota.org
> Subject: Re: [tt] How a Crypto ‘Backdoor’ Pitted the Tech World Against
> the NSA
>
> Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
> > http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/09/nsa-backdoor/all/
>
> These articles from Matthew Green's Blog offer a better understanding
> instead of cutesy writing and soundbites:
>
> The Many Flaws of Dual_EC_DRBG
>
> http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2013/09/the-many-flaws-of-dualecdrbg.html

I have posted this before in a linkedin group. It is really interesting
 the Mr, *Blaine Bateman* (also linkedin group member)
"Then what happened is some arrogant scientist at NIST (full disclosure--I
was formerly a NIST employee, and the terms of my departure still burn as a
fire in the pit of my stomach) conveniently "forgot" to put the correct
ones in the standard, or did it on purpose since "Anyone of modest skill in
cryptography will detect the problem and come up with their own P-Q pair
correctly. Anyone who doesn't deserves what they get." There are, in my
estimation, people that arrogant employed by NIST."

No good. No.