[cryptography] The Compromised Internet

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:58:06 PDT 2013

On 9/25/13, Rich Jones <rich at openwatch.net> wrote:
> That kind of technology is already widely deployed in walkie talkies - I
> think I remember at HOPE a speaker mentioning that the NYPD used this
> technique until they abandoned it due to its inconvenience.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency-hopping_spread_spectrum

I don't think so, if I recall, it seemed to be a further development
of the above
linked idea. There might not have been the usual notion of a coded/shared freq
hopping sequence in which a carrier transmit data. But more like a continuous
parallel broadcast under the mask. Maybe the data was not carried within
the freqs but in the choice of freqs themselves.