[liberationtech] Random number generation being influenced - rumors

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 20 03:51:30 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Maxim Kammerer <mk at dee.su> -----

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:56:45 +0300
From: Maxim Kammerer <mk at dee.su>
To: liberationtech <liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] Random number generation being influenced - rumors

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Maxim Kammerer <mk at dee.su> wrote:
> Personally, I wouldn't trust an embedded engineer to
> implement bubble sort correctly, and see no reason to trust them with
> security-critical implementations, even if one assumes no malice or
> subversion of production process.

By the way, that Android PRNG fiasco? Intel's job, originally. Meet Yuri:

Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte
--
Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech. Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu.

----- End forwarded message -----