Political Cypherpunks Trumps Apolitical Cryptography

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 15:57:51 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 6:12 AM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
> For Snowden has shown the political has won out over
> the technical, and the technicals are fraught with what to
> do about it,

the political is intertwined with the monetary,
 and the monetary is intertwined
  with the military/industrial/technological,
    and these further intertwined with the educational,
     and international non-profit stadardization-al,
       and ... the turtles go deeper.
             back again to the political. which is but one stop
             on the train of vulnerability, back upon itself,

how do you fight this?

a little bit at a time, here and there, across the boundaries.
   lest you lose your mind, considering the scope of it all.

the clipper chip, after all, represents a failure in the political realm,
 which was then promptly remedied in the technical, judicial, and
business realms.

> ... So it has come
> to pass, there is no refuge from politics,

indeed.

worse yet, the politics of others directly impact the realities of us all.

to fix our own political mess is not enough; all must be addressed...