PayPal freezes MailPile's account

Dan Staples danstaples at disman.tl
Thu Sep 5 05:06:36 PDT 2013

Why did they use Paypal? Probably because they are aspiring to gain
popular attention and support, and most people don't use Bitcoin; they
use Paypal and credit cards for online transactions.

Of course Paypal is a liability in terms of privacy and the risks of
them doing something just like what they did, but if MailPile hadn't
gone with Paypal, it's likely they wouldn't have gotten the amount of
funding that was donated so far. It's always a tradeoff of risk,
especially when you're aiming to go mainstream.

--
http://disman.tl
OpenPGP key: http://disman.tl/pgp.asc