what to install on a secure communication device

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Tue Sep 3 11:43:32 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 11:10 -0400, The Doctor wrote:
> > What's the endgame for this? Just a webpage with a list of stuff on
> > it? A livecd with stuff on it? With or without redundancy?
>
> More toolkits being passed around and trained on?

I'm just curious; it does make what I'd recommend somewhat different.

For example, you could pick one of each of these things, and build a
Live CD that would have all of them (a TAILS variant, maybe). Then it'd
be easy to download and use that for non-technical users (I have known
several non-technical activists that have used TAILS, and switched from
using encrypted laptops to TAILS).

If you wanted a wiki for similar reasons, you'd also not want
redundancy. But, if you wanted a wiki for the cypherpunks community,
you'd want the redundancy, in order to get people to evaluate each of
them.

--
Sent from Ubuntu