Surveillance

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 20:37:03 PDT 2013

--On Monday, September 30, 2013 7:46 PM -0700 coderman <coderman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Juan Garofalo <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>         So, the question should be : apart from the anglo-americans, and
>> perhaps the chinese, is there any other cyber police state out there?
>

> russia, of course. and ...
>
> perhaps the question you need to ask is who isn't a cyber police state?
>
> even the third world is buying tools from the first for this purpose...

	I guess you're right in a way, but, is there a european equivalent to the
utah datacenter for instance? Does japan have its own (smaller but still
substantial) version of it? China? Even russia?

	I understand that european governments expect the ISPs to spy on their
customers ('data retention laws') which seems to suggest that
they[governments] are not doing it themselves?

	wikipedia, lousy source, but still

	"On 2 March 2010, the Federal Constitutional Court of Germany ruled the
law unconstitutional as a violation of the guarantee of the secrecy of
correspondence.[18] As such, the directive is not currently implemented in
Germany."