[cryptography] The Compromised Internet

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:12:19 PDT 2013

> I don't see how a ham running a repeater backbone can
> prevent end to end encryption other than sniffing for
> traffic and actively disrupting it. I'm not sure tampering
> with transport is within ham ethics, though they definitely
> don't understand the actual uses for encryption, at
> least the old hands (are there even new hands?).

The mentioned tech has nothing to do with traditional 'ham'.
And without the crypto key they can't see it and can't disrupt
it, it's background/spectrum noise/power to them.
Traditionally, presumably hams might discover non-in-the-clear
on a specific channel, perhaps triangulate, and report it to some
regulatory body (or DoS it). That's not applicable, by design.