The Compromised Internet

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Sep 25 13:21:00 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 04:07:10PM -0400, John Young wrote:

> Now that it appears the Internet is compromised what other
> means can rapidly deliver tiny fragments of an encrypted
> message, each unique for transmission, then reassembled
> upon receipt, kind of like packets but much smaller and less
> predictable, dare say random?

About your only choices are hams or (slightly higher budget)
microsats with onboard flash and DTN (notice you can deliver
packets during flyby). Hams also do launch microsats,
so there's some overlap. I've been waiting for consumer
phased arrays, just saw Locata VRay today -- perhaps not
for much longer now. Prime your phased array with s00per-s3kr1t
sat ephemerides, and you're good to go. Really hard to
jam, too -- optical ones impossible to jam, even.

For very high latency you could just use a global sneakernet.
http://what-if.xkcd.com/31/ has some numbers. You could probably
already run stock Usenet over uucp over that.